I have been tagged by Theresa for a fun MeMe…Here are the rules: “The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.”
1)What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was just starting out at my current job teaching a few hours a week and then working up to full-time. When I first started at my school it was only one year old so I was the only person in the English department. I was also teaching math to the 6th grade in German and English because the majority of the kids didn’t speak English and couldn’t understand it all. The classes were fairly small and the kids were great.
2)What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
Just 5? Well, work is top on the list. Today I hope to write 60 comments for the reports that go out in a month. I also need to grade some Spanish tests. Then we have therapy and shopping for a birthday present for a party Alida’s going to this weekend. We should get home by 6 and I may just may be able to stay awake until 9 tonight, because of a bambini run my kids were in last night we all got home really late and are exhausted.
3)Snacks I enjoy:
Snacks?? Just snasks?? I love food, hence the need to jog and try to keep my hips from taking over my lower hemisphere.
4)Things I would do if I were a Billionaire:
Oh wouldn’t life be ever so boring if everything were within our grasp?
5)Places I have lived:
I have lived in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Cape Cod, Massachussets, Salt Lake City, Utah, Cuernavacca, Mexico and now Berlin, Germany.
6)Jobs I have had:
I’ve done more jobs than I’m willing to admit. When I was 15 I started working at McDonalds during the summer. I also bussed and eventually waited in 4 star restaurants at night while teaching sailing during the day during the summer all through high school. One summer I even had a paper route at 5 in the morning. During the school year I worked in the frozen food department and stocked shelves in our local supermarket along with lots and lots of babysitting hours in between. During college I worked at our dorm’s front desk, as a traffic enforcer on a bike, ski instructor, sailing instructor and English and math tutor. I also worked for a temp job service. I think the most interesting temp job was making snowboarding boots. I also substitute taught in Salt Lake City to gain experience in the classroom while I waited to go on to get my masters. When I got to Germany I continued teaching English while I learned German.
7) Bloggers I am tagging who I will enjoy getting to know better: Go to the bottom of the next meme and you’ll see who’s been tagged.
Just after writing this up I was tagged by another blogger and real-life friend Sooza. Here are the rules and my answers, short and sweet:
- Answer at least three of the questions. Yes, I know a few look time-consuming and there are several of them. That’s why I only ask for three. See? I’m nice!
- Post them and the rules on your blog, and please link back to me here. Pretty please ^_^ ?
- Comment here telling me and the rest of our little party where you’re at and link to yourself. That’s all!
- Oh yeah, don’t forget to tag others!
1. What’s the last book you read that you thought was really super, inspiring, you’d recommend it to most anyone?
2. What food totally grosses you out, you’d never be able to touch it? Ew. Gag. *hurl*
Like I said before, food is unfortunately a good friend so it’s hard to gross me out. If I had to pick something it would be raw oysters.
3. Did you ever watch a scary movie that frightened you so much you were afraid of the dark afterward? I mean like you’re lying in bed trying to sleep, but you have to pee, but you’re scared to get up. It doesn’t have to be recently; could be when you were a kid. So what movie was it?
4. Is there a song that makes you dance every time you hear it? Would you tap you feet and sing along to it in public?
5. Tattoos: yes or no? Do you have any? Tell us! Do you think they’re gross? TELL US!
Yep, I have a white cat paw on the top of my foot that you can see when I wear sandles in the summer and my feet are tan. I love it.
6. When’s the last time you laughed so hard your ribs ached and/or you nearly peed yourself? What made you do it?
7. Draw or doodle a picture of your pet(s) and post it if possible. Nothing fancy, don’t be shy!
8. Go through a stack or box of your old music. Stuff that you may not have heard in years. Pick one and tell us about it. Is it as good (or as bad) as you remember?
8. Do you still sleep with a stuffed animal? We won’t laugh!
Yep, I still sleep with my good ol’ Teddy. Nothin’ wrong with that, just ask the kids!! 😉
Ok, now to tag just a few others:
Now another fun thing I’ve been spending much too much time playing, or better said visiting is facebook. That place is horribly addictive. If you fancy, please join me in a Mouse hunt-it’s quite a fun little thing. Inner geek showing through again?